Kentucky, Louisville Mission

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Week 22 "the Lord our God did visit us with assurances that he would deliver us"

What's up! This week was another pretty good week! I can't believe it's already September! 5 months today!  It feels like its gone by pretty quick but at the same time I feel like I've been here my whole life! haha But I'm really enjoying my life here in the old KY! I love it here! I feel like I'm kinda starting to be adjusted to everything I feel like it's getting easier!

So something that's new this week is English class!  We got permission to use our church building here to hold weekly English classes every Wednesday night and they are so fun! haha it is a blast!  We only had about 5 or 6 people show up but it was really fun to teach them English!  The church puts out this program called the Daily Dose and it is really cool! The way we do it is we have everybody stand the whole time and we just talk in English the whole time and ask people questions and repeat phrases and it really reminds me of my MTC experience haha! But it is fun to be on the flip side of it!  Hopefully we can get more people to come and get the class bigger but it seriously was the most fun I've had in a while haha! So we did have P day yesterday but we couldn't email because it was Labor Day and the library was closed so we got permission to just email today!  which is kinda weird to email on a regular proselyting day but whatever I won't complain!  Since yesterday was P day and we couldn't email we had a lot of extra time so a member took us up to the church building in Crestwood (where we have church) and we played basketball all morning and it was really fun!  We had about 20 people there and it was a blast!  We came home and we were all exhausted though haha my legs are still sore!

This week has been pretty normal other than that, Just same old stuff! We've been biking a little more often then I would like lately but now that it's a new month we have more miles now so that's cool!  We've been trying to work in the outlying areas of Shelbyville so our miles have been a little stretched lately!

So this week I've been reading in Alma and a scripture I really like was in Chapter 58 verse 11 "Yea, and it came to pass that the Lord our God did visit us with assurances that he would deliver us; yea, insomuch that he did speak peace to our souls, and did grant unto us great faith, and did cause us that we should hope for our deliverance in him."  I just thought that was cool that the Lord will deliver us in whatever circumstance and grant unto us faith!
I love you guys! Have a great week!

Para siempre Dios este con vos!
Elder Follett

     
This is our English Class


This is me drinking milk!






No comments:

Post a Comment