Kentucky, Louisville Mission

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Week 11 "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it."


Hey everybody!
This week has been so great! so the reason I'm sending you this email on Wednesday and not Monday is because we had a Zone Temple Trip and so we had to move p day back two days!  So, sorry about that haha. I was going to tell you guys last week but I forgot!  So alot has happened but first, it was Father's day on Sunday!! So happy late Father's Day Old Man!  Sacrament meeting was a lot different on Sunday when you aren't with your dad!  It really made me think a lot about everything I've learned from you and I am so grateful for you example in my life.  You are the biggest hero and I have never met anyone who is so selfless, you are always looking for ways to serve others and that has always stuck with me.  Some of the best memories I have with my Dad are waking up early many Saturday mornings and heading over to a storage unit and helping people move and that's something that I will always remember that my Dad was always trying to help others.  I really would be lucky to be half the man that my Dad is.  Your example is something that has helped me so much already in my mission.  My whole life I wanted to be like my dad and serve a mission and now whenever things get tough I think about that and all stories you told me and I think if I ever want to have sons I hope that I can be as good of an example as my dad was to me.  Love you Dad!

I got all my poison ivy stuff figured out! but unfortunately it got worse before it got better haha! But I'm finally starting to recover!  I went to the urgent care clinic here in Shelbyville and the doc gave me a prescription for some sort of steroid and I have a couple days left to take it but its started to go away!  So most of it has started to scab up and slowly start to heal.  But I was kinda being a baby about it haha!  I was not a very happy camper!

It was really irritating and it was driving me nuts and I was kinda annoyed with my whole situation and on Saturday we spent a lot of the day trying to contact people, and when we contact here in the GKLM we like to do something called the prayer approach, which usually would go something like, hi we're representatives of Jesus Christ and we are in the area sharing a message about him and we are wondering if we could share a prayer with you?  And it usually goes pretty well because most people here love Jesus and they won't say no to a prayer very often so its a great way to get to talk to them!  And if they say yes we'll usually ask if they have anything specific they need that we could include in the prayer and they'll usually just give a random Sunday school answer like oh my family or work or whatever but for some reason Saturday when I was really annoyed by my poison ivy we were finding a lot more people to talk to and almost every single person we contacted told us that they just lost a loved one or their son just had a lung transplant or their mother just died or their grandpa just had a stroke, like literally everyone we talked to said that we could pray for that and i slowly started to realize that maybe I'm not in that much pain and maybe God wants me to have a better attitude and forget myself and help others and that's what I did!  Oddly enough as soon as I did that, my poison ivy started to get better! I think a lot of the times we don't really realize how good we have it, and we can only see what is hard but if we just take a step back and try to look at things from someone else's point of view or even from how God see's things we would think that we are very fortunate.  A scripture that I love that I think really illustrates this point is Proverbs 3:5-6, 5 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."


The longer I'm here on my mission the more and more I start to think that maybe this experience is for myself. Not that I'm doing everything I want or just focusing on myself but I'm really starting to understand what Christ meant when he said, "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it."  I love you guys all so much and can't wait to hear from you again!
Para Siempre Dios este con vos!
Love Elder Follett



No comments:

Post a Comment