Kentucky, Louisville Mission

Monday, February 22, 2016

Week 99

Whats up people! this week went by pretty quick! 

We have been super busy and we are seeing some great success. One exciting thing that's going on is that Felipe and his family came to church yesterday! so we have a few small hurdles to clear with him but he should be baptized in March which will be great. But they are going really good and progressing well. 


We had a lesson with a recent convert named Manuel who is from Mexico and we taught him the restoration, and I usually like to make the comparison of The great Apostasy to having all the police in the world suddenly gone, so I asked Manuel what would happen if there was no police in the world, and he quickly replied that there would be less corruption hahaha not the answer I was looking for but definitely very appropriate coming from someone from Mexico haha

Later I had another pretty funny experience, I was on an exchange in nearby New Albany Indiana and we were biking down a fairly busy road just minding our own business when all the sudden from behind me I hear a car honking excessively and people yelling  so I whip my head around to see what’s up and to my surprise see a small car full of rather large unpleasant young woman shouting and yelling not nice things at myself and my companion but my face was like surprise and happy that someone was honking at us (I just assumed it was members happy to see the missionaries) but my face immediately changed to shock and slight disgust when I saw a small car with several large and unpleasant young woman haha and they also thought my reaction was pretty funny. but it reminded me a lot of how Nephi puts it "they were in the attitude of mocking and pointing their fingers" haha 

We also started volunteering in a local Community Kitchen which has been pretty fun, we get to meet a lot of very interesting people haha so it’s been a good time. 

Things are going pretty good here, hope everything is going good back home! Love you guys, have a great week!

¡Para siempre Dios esté con vos! 


No comments:

Post a Comment