Kentucky, Louisville Mission

Monday, May 4, 2015

Week 57 Happy Cinqo de Mayo

What’s up! this week was been another one of those weeks haha so I’m sure you've all heard about my latest health problem haha but just to humor you all ill tell you the full story! so last Monday morning I woke up and had some strange left testicular pain and I thought it was just that I slept on it weird or something so I decided to just wait it out and see if it changes but Monday night it still was pretty painful so I thought maybe something’s wrong, but I didn't have the heart to call my mission nurse who is a little old lady and tell her my testicles were in pain haha so I  decided to call a member of the English ward here who is a nurse practitioner in the Air force and told him the symptoms and he told me to come over so I came over and got a "check up" and he told me that I either had a hernia or a torsion, which would be worse so I needed to go to the ER and get it checked out! so I went and got violated my like 4 different people, had an ultrasound on my nuts, got my pants locked in a bathroom that no one had a key to so we had to wait for like 20 minutes for a janitor to like shimmy the door open while I was wearing a shirt and tie, dress socks and some white table cloth thing to cover the boys, and at the end of it all they told me I was fine and that I didn't have a torsion or a hernia and that it was probably a strain, and that if the pain persisted I could get a follow up check up with a urologist but after a few days the pain stopped so I’m fine now! 

Other than that this was a pretty average week! the temperature is rising and everything is getting super green again but that's made it a little harder to get a hold of people, when the weather is nicer and the sun is out longer that just means more work for Hispanic people here, so we've had a lot of appointments fall through this week and we've spent a lot of time biking from here to there just trying to catch someone who is home, and yes almost every time we get a hold of someone we are offered a beer because we look pretty thirsty sweating in our shirts and ties haha but I guess it always turns into a good teaching opportunity! 

We were able to have a lesson with Michael this week finally and it didn't go as planned but it was really kind of a break through with him mom. We brought Frank who has been over there a couple times before but we had a good experience with his mom, she's very loud and very passionate and very straight forward and she basically told us that I offended her last week because I "tricked" her into reading the book of Mormon with us which wasn't really my intent haha but I could of gotten really mad and told her she was crazy but I just decided to do the only thing I could do in a situation like that and tell her she was right and that I was very sorry haha she accepted my apology but warned me to never do it again but with some help from frank by the time we left the lesson I felt like our relationship with Michael's mom had improved dramatically which was a really good step. Michael has been kinda avoiding commitment lately so I don't know what’s going on there but we are trying to help him still. 

Missions are hard sometimes but hands down the most rewarding experience I have ever been a part of. ¡Vale la pena! 

Love you guys, hope you all have a great week! See you Sunday!

Para siempre Dios esté con vos!


PS Hey! I haven’t been to a urologist yet because I wasn’t super sure about the insurance stuff and I didn’t want to deal with the hassle so I just waited it out and the pain has gone away and I’m fine now! maybe ill go see a urologist but I don’t think I will! the urologist they recommended for me was named Ramon Caballero so I might try and go to see if we can teach him haha but I’m fine now! also we are going to the members house at 6 o’clock here so at like 4:00 your time ill call! Does that work?


Last week for Pday a member took us to play a cheap round of 18 on some farm land that was converted into a golf course but 18 holes for 18 bucks wasnt a bad deal! 




No comments:

Post a Comment