Kentucky, Louisville Mission

Monday, November 24, 2014

Week 32

So first off, before I forget my address is 125 Hiawatha Trails Georgetown, KY 40324 sorry I totally forgot about that last week!
So what happened with the whole not emailing you guys on Monday or Tuesday is first the zone decided to plan a zone conference on Monday so that took literally all day from 9 to 6 including travel and then yesterday we had P day and we were going to email but the library was closed for Veterans Day! SO thats the explanation for the super late email!
This week has been a pretty good one! It seems like forever ago since I last emailed. I can hardly even remember what happened! Saturday I went on an exchange and got to drive the car all day so that was a nice little break from biking! Its been getting pretty cold here so thats cool I guess haha! This week has just been kinda off! We have alot of investigators who have alot of potential to progress but are kinda at a stand still at this moment! like they all know what they need to do and understand it but they just need to act! Like we had a lesson with our 14 year old investigator Jenifer (Yenifer if you're hispanic) and her uncle who she lives with and who is a member kinda just layed down the law and told her look you need to be doing the things you know are right like reading your scriptures and you need to get baptized and it was kinda strange but good I guess haha like she cried. I dont know if it was out of the spirit or out of feeling attacked but it was a generally good lesson and Elder Henderson decided we should sing a hymn in spanish so we sang a hymn and that was kinda awkward but whatever haha you do alot of awkward things as a missionary you kinda have thicker skin for uncomfortable-ness haha! But yeah 
Last week we met a guy named Santos and he is only 17 and he is from Guatemala, and alot of the time Guatemalans speak a different dialect as well as Spanish and a member in Shelbyville taught me a saying in a dialect called Mum so I asked Santos when we first met him if he spoke a dialect and he said "yeah I speak mum." So I said the little phrase to him and he thought it was really cool but I'm not really sure what I said haha its nothing like Spanish! But Santos is a really cool kid he's really really short like I tower over him which is weird! He doesn't go to school or anything but he works a lot  We invited him to be baptized and he had alot of questions like he basically knows that he has to be baptized like he got that and immediately understood that he will have to eventually but he has alot of questions about it! Like he asked if he gets baptized can he still have his girlfriend who is catholic haha! He's a great guy and I'm excited to keep working with him!  
Were teaching alot of people right now which is great and I've really seen the Lord help me grow and change for the better but I think we still have a long way to go haha Just something kinda funny that the mission does to you is I've become a total clean freak! Like i get major anxiety if the kitchen is messy or my clothes are out or if my beds not made it stresses me out big time which is weird because I was definitely not like that before! just weird little stuff like that changes alot haha but yeah I love you guys alot and hope you have a great week!

Para siempre Dios esté con vos!
Elder Follett



No comments:

Post a Comment