Kentucky, Louisville Mission

Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 27

HEY! What's up guys! I cant believe its already been a week!! It was a pretty good one! I go your package on Friday!! thank you guys so much! it was great!! thank you so much for the Spanish preach my gospel! its about time I start studying in Spanish haha Did jack get the shirt?

So this week has been a pretty normal week.  Something that I have been trying to really work on is Hope. Its something that isn't really easy or natural for me but its a huge part of missionary work.  I tend to kinda get down on myself and be negative and just flat out not have hope! especially when it comes to baptisms, I've learned that if I want to baptize, the very first thing I have to do is have a hope to baptize! its hard because I don't want to get my hopes up and then have them crushed when it doesn't happen but if I cant put forth the faith on my part to just have hope that we can baptize, it wont happen!

So after I had been consciously trying to have hope to baptize we were able to set a baptismal date with some investigators for November 8th! they accepted and said they would work towards it, so its a long shot but its better than no shot! their names are Judy and Eric so if you keep them in your prayers that would be a world of help! and were still working with Wilmer on the whole Sabbath day issue but I'm pretty hopeful!  

CONFERANCE! was awesome! I love conference as a missionary haha you don't really do a lot of missionary work he whole weekend but it was still great to be uplifted and be able to watch without distraction and get so much out of it! I loved how a lot of conference was about prophets and their role and responsibility and a lot about president Monson and how great he is! I got to watch three of the five sessions in Spanish which was pretty cool! it was awesome to be able to listen to the native Spanish speakers give their talks, its just not the same when its translated! Also I don't know if you guys knew this but Elder Scott speaks Spanish so he actually prerecords and translates his own talks so I really enjoyed his on Sunday! Also I don't know if it was just me but I feel like a lot of the talks were about families and they reminded me a lot about you guys! like Tad R. Callister's talk about Dr. Benjamin Carson and how he's mother influenced his life so much and how for him his parents were his "Prime Gospel Teachers", I loved that and totally agreed! and later L. Tom Perry read Helaman 5:12, our family scripture! and on Sunday morning how Henry B. Eyring talked about how his mother always waited up for him when he came home late at night after curfew! haha brought up some painful memories but it reminded me of home and how mom was always so diligent in making sure I was doing what I was supposed to! cant get anything past her haha love you mom!

Overall this week was pretty good and I learned a lot! everyday on a mission is just a big opportunity to learn and grow and its hard but so worth it!

Love you guys so much! have a great week!


Para siempre Dios esté con vos!
Love Elder Follett

The wife of the famous Colonial Sanders(KFC) has her own restaurant here in Shelbyville! Apparently this used to be their home and now its a restaurant! pretty good southern food!


 for my 6 month mark elder plumb took me to white castle for the first time!....yum...




No comments:

Post a Comment