Kentucky, Louisville Mission

Monday, May 19, 2014

Week 7-"For Behold the Field is White Already to Harvest"

I MADE IT! SHELBYVILLE KENTUCKY!  Im so happy to be here! Its so great! It's a dinky little town kinda in between Louisville and Lexington and its super pretty!  So this is really weird but my trainer is named Elder Vidaure and he entered the Provo MTC on June 12, 2013 and he was originally supposed to be my MTC Companion isn't that crazy!  He said his packet said Elder Follett when he got there but they changed it and he was in a trio with Elder Pyper who is related to the Pyper's in our ward!  But Elder Vidaure is a really great guy and like the perfect trainer!  He knows a lot and his Spanish is really good so I've been learning a lot!  It is super great here! Jack will like this, we have a 2014 Ford Fusion and its super nice!  We have a limit on how many miles we can drive so we usually just walk everywhere if its close enough!  There is actually pretty good amount of Hispanic people that live here and they are all really nice!  Even if they aren't interested they will listen to what we have to say and they'll let you come back and teach them but the real problem is finding people who are actually sincerely interested.  So in Shelbyville there is me and Elder V. who are Spanish speaking and there's 2 English Elders who we live with and then there are 2 hermanas who are spanish as well and we split the city with them so we only have like half of an already smallish town but there's plenty of work to do!  Its so greatto finally be here! So yeah Mondays are my P days now so thats when you will all hear from me.  I love all your emails and those pictures dad sent me are great!  I would love to go down to Mexico with Emma and Jack that would be way fun!  Tell them to start practicing their Spanish!   Love you guys so much and hope you all have a good week!

Para siempre Dios este con vos!






No comments:

Post a Comment