Kentucky, Louisville Mission

Monday, July 14, 2014

Week 15- “a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit” (Acts 6:5)


This week was another crazy week in KY!  I don't even know where to start! So I guess I'll start with our friend Gisifredo.  So we have been struggling to meet with him a lot lately but we kept trying and Friday we brought a member named Mauricio over to go visit him and it wasn't too great.  Before we could even say anything he told us that he couldn't see us anymore and that he had to focus on his work more and he told us he didn't want us to come over anymore because we worked for the Government so we probably won't be seeing Gisi too much anymore but strangely i wasn't sad!  I felt kinda like content with it like I knew he wasn't ready and maybe somewhere else down the road he will be ready.  He said he still likes to read out of the Book of Mormon so there's still hope for him!

We've also been trying to see Yvette more but its been hard.  Every time we go over there she's not there but her mom Pearla is there every time so we decided to try and start teaching her and she's really nice and receptive but its been hard for her to read the Book of Mormon because she can't see the small words so we ordered a large print Book of Mormon for her and hopefully she'll be able to read after we get it to her!

Other than that we don't have to many investigators so we've just been contacting a ton all week!  It's kinda hard because if we want to get a good number of contacts we have to contact a good majority of people who speak English so if they are interested we don't get to teach them we have to refer them to the English Elders but it's still important to talk to them to give them the opportunity to hear the gospel.  Just the other day we were walking back from an appointment that fell through and we saw this lady a couple houses ahead of us get out of her car and start walking in her house and I thought I need to talk to her but I ignored the thought because she didn't look interested or happy really and I didn't want to bug her so we walked by and I stopped at the last second and said hi to her and started talking to her and we shared a prayer and she was actually really nice.  She said she just got back from a 12 hour shift at a hospital and she was really tired and that she wasn't super interested and I don't know if anything will ever come of it or if she needed to pray with us but I was just happy that I recognized that prompting and I followed it.

I love you guys!
Para siempre dios este con vos!
Elder Follett









No comments:

Post a Comment